What is the Insurance Excess?
This is the amount that you will be required to pay in the event that you damage the Motorhome or cause damage with the Motorhome to another party’s vehicle or property. Our standard excess is £1,000.
What level of insurance is included?
We include Full Comprehensive Insurance for up to two named drivers.
Can the Insurance Excess be reduced?
No we cannot reduce the excess but we do recommend that you consider secondary insurance to cover this such as that provided by Worldwide Insure.
What deposits do I have to pay?
- A reservation deposit of £100 is required to secure your booking; this deposit is non-refundable.
- At the time of collecting the Motorhome a security deposit of £1,000 must be paid, this can be paid be any major debit or credit card and as long as the Motorhome is returned in the same condition will be refunded within three working days of your return date.
Are there age restrictions for driving a Motorhome?
Our insurance stipulates that drivers must be over 25-years and under 75-years of age at the time of the rental. If you fall outwith this age range please enquire, we may still be able to offer insurance but with special conditions imposed.
Can all nationalities hire a Motorhome?
We are currently limited by our Insurance provider and can only insure those with a UK, European, USA, Canadian and Australian Licence. Other nationalities should enquire and we will seek special insure approval in advance of any bookings.
Do I need to bring my passport to the office?
Yes, a passport is our preferred method of secondary identification however for UK customers if you don't have one we can accept utility bills and bank cards.
Do I need an international driving licence?
No, however, an international drivers licence is recommended for ease of use.
Do I need a special driver's licence?
All of our Motorhomes can be driven with a standard driving licence.
Do I need a clean driving licence?
You must have no major endorsements on your driving licence or have been banned from driving within the last 10-years.
How long do you need have had a full driving licence?
Drivers must have at least 3-years driving experience with a full licence.
What do I do if I am involved in an accident?
- Notify our office immediately.
- Get copies of all the police reports including the case number.
- Complete the Accident Report Form (in the Welcome Information Pack), getting all the information of the other party (if there is one) and their insurance details and any witness information.
- Take as many photographs as you can including the location, signage and vehicles or property involved.
What forms of identification are required?
All Drivers must bring their Driving Licence along with a secondary form of identification such as a passport or a utility bill